Project Access workshops are designed to help teachers adapt their teaching style to foster better learning for Deaf/HH students, as well as all other students. This workshop, for teachers in mainstream settings with Deaf/HH students, will:
- Sensitize faculty to challenges faced by such students in a mainstream environment
- Explain visual classroom techniques
- Present effective use of support service personnel (sign language interpreters, notetakers, tutors, captionists)
- Prepare individual teaching strategy plans
- Assist in mastering strategies to meet the goals of Universal Design in education
These practices benefit all students in the classroom, particulary those with communication and language challenges.